We strongly encourage all racers, both trail and road brethren, to give back to the cycling community by participating in the schedule ACC Trails Day or a substitute trail project. While we would like everyone to participate in the scheduled ACC Trails day for the camaraderie of working along side your fellow club members we recognize the scheduled date will not work for everyone. So we also offer the opportunity to receive trails day credit by participating in a substitute trail work project.
Trails Day or substitute trail work project participation is required to be eligible for end of season points – this includes Juniors.
ACC Trails Day
- Tom Blake Trail, Thursday, July 9, 2020 from 5:00-8:00 PM
- Meet at the Tom Blake trailhead on Owl Creek Road at 5:00 PM. Please make every effort to arrive by 5:00 but if you can’t make it by then we will have a volunteer stationed at check-in until 5:30 PM.
- Overflow parking available at the public works building across the street.
- Bring gloves, water, insect repellent, rain gear and wear appropriate clothing.
- Please sign the wavier ahead of time at this link. Please write “Aspen Cycling Club” where it says group project name.
- Unfortunately, due to COVID we will not be having a pizza party this year after trail work.
- Please wear a mask, and if you are sick or may have come in contact recently with anyone infected with the coronavirus, please stay home!
Substitute “Trails Day”
To participate in a substitute project simply sign-up with a recognized organization like Roaring Fort Outdoor Volunteers, Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association, Town of Snowmass Village or similar organization. Then download and print the ACC Substitute Trails Day Work Form, bring it with you to the project, have the project supervisor sign your form, and electronically submit the form to ACC. A minimum of 3 hours work is required to receive credit.
Forms must be submitted to the ACC Results Director within 7 days of the substitute project or by the final cutoff date, whichever occurs sooner.
The final cutoff to submit forms is 8:00 PM Sunday, September 6, 2020. Forms will not be accepted after that time – no exceptions!