Date: Tuesday, May 1 2018
Event Type: Road Bike
Location: Aspen Motorsports Park. Please be cooperative and courteous to the Aspen Racing and Sports Car Club personnel and please be intelligent about how you park!
Start Time: 5:30pm
This event is free for all participants! Make sure to check in with Tyler Newton to sign the waivers!
Description: Join Coach Dean Hill of Aspen Pro Cycling and other veteran racers from the Aspen Cycling Club for an evening of fun and accessible road racing skills and drills! Geared toward beginner and intermediate road racers, the May 1 clinic will utilize the smooth pavement and sweeping turns at Woody Creek’s Aspen Motorsports Park to focus on increasing bike-handling skills. Skills covered will include:
- Hand and body positions, including riding, braking, and racing in the drops
- Braking techniques and postures
- Cornering drills, focusing on line, radius, entry/exit speed, and braking
- Dealing with irregular road surfaces such as gravel, road debris, and wet/dry road conditions
- Learning how to sprint and climb out of the saddle