NEW FOR 2020
* Everyone must pre-register online for each race.
* There will be no race day / on-site registration and race entry.
* Race entries will close at 8:00 PM the night before each race.
* Some races may be capped due to county health restrictions (see “Entry Cap” on the race description pages). We are not keeping a waiting list for sold out races.
* No friends, family, parents, or specators are allowed this season due to gathering-size limitations.
*** See Important Changes for 2020 for more information ***
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Location: Colorado Mountain College parking lot on Spring Valley Road (CR 114)
Start Time: 6:00pm
Event Type: Road Race
Time Trial Option:
- Riders will start on Spring Valley Road (CR 114) near CMC and ride north up Spring Valley Road to the intersection with Red Canyon Road (CR 115). Here riders will turn right and follow Red Canyon Road east before coming to a T at Coulter Creek Road (CR 121). Take a sharp right turn (south) on Coulter Creek Road and continue straight to the finish on the flat section between Coulter Creek and Catherine Store.
- Approximately 8.6 miles.
- Time trial course map
Social Distancing Protocol and Start Times
To help ensure the safety of all racers, volunteers and staff, we will follow these protocols:
- All time trials will have pre-assigned start times through the web registration process.
- If this is your first race of the season, please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before the first racer’s start time.
- You will receive your start time in advance of the race via email.
- Please arrive in the start queue no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- We will not have start line holders for time trials. All racers must start from a full stop with one foot on the ground.
- Leave 6 feet of distance between yourself and other riders when passing or being passed. Announce yourself when passing.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Regular Course Description:
***NEW COURSE IN 2020. PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION.***
Riders will start near the Colorado Mountain College parking lots on Spring Valley Road (CR 114) and ride north up Spring Valley Road to the intersection with Red Canyon Road (CR 115), where riders will turn right and follow Red Canyon Road east. Riders will then turn right (south) onto Coulter Creek Road (CR 121) then quickly turn left onto eastbound Upper Cattle Creek (CR 113), which riders will follow east and continue on Upper Cattle Creek as it turns into CR 122. Riders will follow Upper Cattle Creek as it turns southbound, then continue south until a right turn on Mountain View Road, then a quick left on Green Meadow Drive, followed by a right turn onto Fender Lane (CR 102). Riders will follow Fender lane until it intersects with Catherine Store Road (CR 100), where they will turn right and follow Catherine Store northbound, then continue north on CR 113.
Short-course riders will skip the second Fender/Catherine Store loop and proceed directly to the finishing area.
Park at the Colorado Mountain College Student Center lot, pictured below.
Wave 1: 6:00pm – Long Course – Men’s A
Wave 2: 6:05pm – Long Course – Women’s A, Men’s B
Wave 3: 6:10pm – Short Course – All other categories
Reminder: *** Since this is a road race on open roads, Middle School Racers are NOT ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE****
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Check-In: All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race regardless of membership level. Race check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise). Please wear a mask when checking-in.
Check-in is not required for time trial races.
We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories.
Race Cancellation Policy: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE OR TEXT THE RACE DIRECTOR FOR RACE CANCELLATION INFORMATION. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable.