NEW FOR 2020
* Everyone must pre-register online for each race.
* There will be no race day / on-site registration and race entry.
* Race entries will close at 8:00 PM the night before each race.
* Some races may be capped due to county health restrictions (see “Entry Cap” on the race description pages). We are not keeping a waiting list for sold out races.
* No friends, family, parents, or specators are allowed this season due to gathering-size limitations.
*** See Important Changes for 2020 for more information ***
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Location: Starts at base of Highlands
Start Time: 6:00 pm
Event Type: Road
Entry Cap: 50
Start List: The start list will be posted here by 10:00 PM the night before the race..
Note: Do not ride past the ranger station during your warm-up (the Forest Service may count you as a racer and we may exceed our race permit cap). Please turn around 200 yards before the ranger station during your warmup.
Course Description: The Maroon Bells Time Trial will start near the entrance to the Aspen Highlands Ski Area on Maroon Creek Road. The course is approximately 7 miles in length with an elevation gain of 1400 ft. It finishes at the highest section of paved roadway, the bus stop loop next to the visitor center buildings at the end of Maroon Creek Road.
Check out the Maroon Bells Strava Segment here
Social Distancing Protocol and Start Times
To help ensure the safety of all racers, volunteers and staff, we will follow these protocols:
- All time trials will have pre-assigned start times through the web registration process.
- If this is your first race of the season, please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before the first racer’s start time.
- You will receive your start time in advance of the race via email.
- Please arrive in the start queue no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- We will not have start line holders for time trials. All racers must start from a full stop with one foot on the ground.
- Leave 6 feet of distance between yourself and other riders when passing or being passed. Announce yourself when passing.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.