NEW FOR 2020
Everyone must pre-register online for each race.
There will be no race day / on-site registration and race entry.
Race entries will close at 8:00 PM the night before each race.
No friends, family, parents, or specators are allowed this season due to gathering-size limitations.
* See Important 2020 Season Changes for more information *
Date: Wednesday, August 12th, 2020
Event Type: Road Bike
Location: To reach the start, take the Emma turnoff from Highway 82 just down valley from Basalt and immediately turn left onto East Sopris Creek Road.
Start Time: 6:00 pm, please be prepared for cold and possibly darker conditions at the finish.
Entry Cap: 50
Start List: The start list will be posted here by 10:00 PM the night before the race.
Time Trial Course:
- A gravel time trial! Which bike will you choose?
- From the race start at the Emma Schoolhouse, racers head up East Sopris Creek Road to a T-intersection with East and West Sopris Creek Roads. Turn left (east) onto East Sopris Creek Road and continue to the top where the dirt ends for the finish.
- Approximately 5.5 miles.
- Time trial course map here
Social Distancing Protocol and Start Times
To help ensure the safety of all racers, volunteers and staff, we will follow these protocols:
- All time trials will have pre-assigned start times through the web registration process.
- If this is your first race of the season, please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before the first racer’s start time.
- You will receive your start time in advance of the race via email.
- Please arrive in the start queue no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- We will not have start line holders for time trials. All racers must start from a full stop with one foot on the ground.
- Leave 6 feet of distance between yourself and other riders when passing or being passed. Announce yourself when passing.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Check-In: All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race regardless of membership level. Race check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise). Please wear a mask when checking-in.
Check-in is not required for time trial races.
We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories.
Race Cancellation Policy: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE OR TEXT THE RACE DIRECTOR FOR RACE CANCELLATION INFORMATION. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable.