Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Event Type: Mountain Bike
Location: Snowmass Base Village, Fanny Hill
Start Time: 6:00pm, please be prepared for cold and possibly darker conditions at the finish.
Suggested Parking: Base Village
NEW COURSE FOR 2019 DUE TO SLEIGH RIDE CLOSURE
PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY TO INSTRUCTIONS/DIRECTIONS AT START AND LOOK AT WHITE BOARD FOR START TIMES AND WAVES
2019 online map of course:
- Climb work road from base village
- Climb Discovery to intersection with Village Bound
- Climb Village Bound to work road
- Turn onto W. Government trail headed east
- Continue east on Government trail until intersection with lower French Press
- Take French Press down and continue onto Viking and then Verde and then work road down towards base village
- At the base village, turn left and continue up work road
- Short Course finish below stage
- Long course continues up and climb Discovery to intersection of Village Bound
- Descend Village Bound down work road down Fanny Hill singletrack
- At Base Village, turn back up road to and climb road
- Long Course finish below stage
Short course, one long loop connecting Discovery, W. Govy, and French Press with finish below stage on work road above base village.
6.7 mi., 1.7k’ ascent
Long course, full short course loop plus a small loop on Discovery/VillageBound, Fanny Hill descent, with finish below stage on work road above base village.
11.1 mi., 2.6k’ ascent
Volunteer: To sign up to Marshal for this race or any race this season go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Day Sign-In: Everyone must sign-in at each race regardless of membership level. Race day sign-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise). Race numbers are issued for each discipline for the entire season. Bring your number to every race – lest you have to wear the handwritten Number Of Shame! Race day entry fees are free for juniors and full members, $20 for non-members.
Registration: View registration information here
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories.
Cancellation policy: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE OR TEXT THE RACE DIRECTOR FOR RACE CANCELLATION INFORMATION. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.